11/17 SAT - 11/18 SUN
12:00 - 6:00pm
CultureHub | 47 Great Jones St, New York, NY 10012 MAP
CultureHub LED Mappathon™ is the two-day workshop where students will learn basic knowledge of Projection Mapping technology to map Digital LED lights.
Our exercise will be choosing right types of LED light, recognizing how the video contents map and control LED lights, and creating a simple geometric LED lights structure to take away using MadMapper 3.5 with new features.
And BIG plus, All students will receive a free 30-day full access to Modul8 MadMapper, and Vezer.
DAY 1: BASIC
• Introducing New MadMapper 3.5
• Basic knowledge of LED lights.
• The principles of LED Mapping with MadMapper (DMX / Artnet).
• How to connect an RGB Digital Flexible LED Strip, a Power Supply and a Control board to MadMapper.
• LED Mapping with Music using Vezer for installation.
DAY 2: MAKING MAGIC
• Designing a simple geometric LED light installation controlled by real time video.
• Limited to 10 students
• No pre-knowledge of video art is required for all ages
• Technology oriented and committed students are preferred
• MadMapper works for both Mac and PC. Modul8 and Vezer only work for Mac computers
• A MacBook Air is not recommended
• A 16 gig of RAM is recommended minimum a 8 gig of RAM
CHiKA is a Japanese-born, New York-based New Media Artist who is a founder of Mappathon. She enjoys teaching students through new technology and seeing her students grow as artists, festival and event organizers all over the world.
Like Our Facebook Page & Join Our Facebook Group
LED Mappathon™ is supported by MadMapper, Modul8 and Vezer
and CultureHub Founders
CultureHub LED Mappathon™ is presented by